Thursday, December 30, 2010

Tuesdays with Morrie

I have heard a lot about this book by Mitch Albom and so when I saw this book in my library, I thought I should give it a try. While there are numerous books with the same theme - life is more than just materialistic pursuits and happiness is beyond your salary and designation, I think what makes this book different from others is that this is a real life, true story.  As any reader of self-help book would readily agree, most of the tips in such books are easier said than done. That the author's teacher actually walked the talk and really believed in the different traits that he shared with the author is what makes this special.  Surely this book is not for someone who is looking for tips to change his life overnight, but is clearly a definite read for those who already have similar thoughts in life and are looking for real life examples of people who live the life the way they want, irrespective of numerous hurdles and distractions. 

No comments: